How to use Creatine Powder
Creatine is a very common supplement used by lots of weight lifters and body builders in order to increase both their muscle size and strength. Just like other supplements, there are important things an individual should know before taking creatine supplements. According to research it is advised that taking creatine supplements should be divided into phases so to make the most of it. By knowing the specifics on how to use creatine youll be able to achieve your desired results quickly and safely.
- According to the Creatine Journal it is best to mix your creatine supplement with grape juice since this type of juice signals the body to produce more insulin which would then help the juice to carry your creatine to your muscles much more effectively. Carbohydrate as well as protein drinks are also great choices. However you should only stick to only one type of drink every time you mix your creatine supplement.
- You should also take your creatine mixtures at least four times within the whole day. If for instance you are taking 30 grams of creatine per day, you should divide the 30 grams to four and take each part at a specific time of the day. Lots of athletes usually take their first dose right after waking up, next would usually be around lunch time and the last two doses would be right before and after they finish working out. It would also be best to drink the supplement after having a meal as lots of people feel queasy taking their creatine supplements without eating.
- The first week of taking creatine supplements is considered as the loading phase. This is because during this phase you are overloading your creatine intake. At this phase it is advised to take 20 to 25 grams of creatine per day.
- The next 2 to 4 weeks is then called the maintenance phase. At this phase your creatine supplement intake should only be half of what you were taking during your loading phase. Therefore if you were taking 25 grams of creatine per day, you should tone it down to only 12.5 grams per day.
- After the maintenance phase the next thing you should do is to take 2 to 4 weeks off your creatine powders. This is because when you are taking too much of a supplement your body would minimize the production of that specific nutrient. You need to stop for a few weeks in order to give your body time to absorb all the creatine you took.
Posted in how to use creatine